Children, school and learning for RimWorld
Here you can download Children, school and learning mod for RimWorld. Its full description is below. Visit our blog to find out how to install the mod.
The content of the mod has been downloaded and repackaged without any changes from the original source. We are not responsible for technical problems of the game or mod, but we guarantee the absence of malicious code
Size (unpacked): 3.601 MB
Updated: 29 Oct @ 8:05am
These mods are required for the current mod to work correctly.
Requires at least HugsLib 7.0.0
// Children, school and learning
// Birds&Bees (not required, but has to be after CSL if used - has more fertility related stuff etc.)
The 1.4 version should work OK with and without Biotech, but behaviour is of course different, without Biotech most things are like they were in 1.3 with CSL and with Biotech it merges the behaviour of both were possible / like configured.
Old 1.3 saves also may have issues with 1.4, as there was naming overlap with Biotech
see the 1.4 thread for details:
Children are born 15 years old .
- This mod does not claim realism, I just liked the way this was implemented in the old game 'Diggles: The Myth of Fenris'
- Pregnancy functions the same as with animals [chance configurable]. The looks of the child are based on the parents (Partially for AlienRaces)
- Children 'inherit' skills from the parents , but have random passions and traits
- Birth control 'drug' can be crafted and given a schedule (needs a newly created drug policy in running game to show up, one pill lasts 5 days, can be added with 'Prepare Carefully' under medical, bought or produced with 'Drug production' and 'Medicine production' research in the 'Drug Lab' like medicine)
- Children are born after 45 days(15 days early-stage (not visible, but chance to vomit) / 15 days middle-stage / 15 days late-stage) (these are unchanged base-game values! There is now an option to modify this without having to change the base game or mod files)
- Artificial pregnancy through a medical operation (if the colonist has a partner/lover they are used, but it is also possible to have a pregnancy without a partner) (two female partners or an unfertile father can have a child through this) Needs better than herbal medicine
- Discover pregnancy operation - pregnancy is normally not visible for the first third of its duration (base game behavior, but can now also be disabled in the options for colonists)
- Remove pregnancy operation
Includes a blackboard and school-table where skilled pawns can teach different subjects.
- There is now a new schedule-tab for each blackboard and school-table
- Rooms now also influence XP learned with items relevant to each subject
(teacher and room factors can be seen in the new schedule-tab)
- Students can learn 1 year until they are 16
- Teachers should have the intellectual skill at a decent level (3-5 or higher, otherwise they teach less) + a high level in the tought subject (around 7 for most, probably needs balancing)
- You can set up certain times in which school activities get higher priority over the normal work
Materials needed to study:
- Cooking: Most raw food
- Medicine: All medicine (default: 1 herbal)
- Mining: Stone blocks or steel (default: 1 steel)
- Contruction: 1 wood log
- Tailoring: 1 (most textiles/leathers)
- Crafting: 1 wood log
- Growing: Raw plant matter / food
- Others: Nothing
(See also Si-Cafe's patch to remove these below)
If you have removed the mod by accident and are stuck with a black/grey screen after loading - there is an experimental option to try to fix the map (will loose defined areas [like home, roof etc.] enable 'Try to fix map' at the bottom of the mod-options before loading the save - after that you can properly remove the mod)
- Birds & Bees (Unofficially updated for 1.3)
(now supported with CSL 184.108.40.206)
Adds a lot more fertility interactions
- Baby & Children (Updated for 1.2&1.3)
Adds better looks and functionality for children
- Children, school and learning fertility operations
"Adds a fertility inhibiting and restoring surgeries. Also, makes vanilla sterilize surgery affect CSL fertility stat for animals."
- Medical Supplements
Has additional birth-control
- Age Matters (Port for 1.0&1.1&1.2&1.3)
Younger children behave more realistic
Removes noise and material-need while learning:
- Gain skill passions
Enables dynamic changing passions (may also be helpful when having passion issues)
- "Better Pawn Control" and "Common Sense" might have issues with the SchoolZone that you can define (they might stay in it forever if the mod is active)
- Multiplayer: it would probably be easiest to commission Charlotte over on the "Multiplayer Compatibility"-mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1629973374 (last I looked at it there were desync's on birth at least)
Thanks for keeping the download up to date!
Some things changed/improved with the recent update (like the schedule), but a mostly up to date and nice overview