Giddy-up! Battle Mounts for RimWorld
Here you can download Giddy-up! Battle Mounts mod for RimWorld. Its full description is below. Visit our blog to find out how to install the mod.
The content of the mod has been downloaded and repackaged without any changes from the original source. We are not responsible for technical problems of the game or mod, but we guarantee the absence of malicious code
Size (unpacked): 32.883 MB
Updated: 31 Oct @ 5:14am
These mods are required for the current mod to work correctly.
Giddy-up! Let your pawns charge into battle with mounts! Depends on Giddy-up Core and Hugslib
This mod is part of the Giddy-up! Series. It focuses on mounting with the purpose of battling. Mounting can only be done with drafted pawns. Other mods in the series that I hope to release in the future will add mounting for non-drafted pawns.
- Japanese (by Proxyer)
- Simplified Chinese (by LingLuo)
- Traditional Chinese (by Biscuit)
- Korean (by LazyDog)
- French (by kaptain_kavern)
- Spanish (by Sam and mora145)
- Russian (by Garr Incorporated)
- German (by RoffeIchen)
- Polish (by Lano)
If animal names are still appearing in English in the mod settings after switching to another language, this can be fixed by changing anything (doesn't matter what) in the mod settings and closing the mod settings. If you then re-open the settings, the right translations should appear.
- What animals can be mounted can be configured in the mod options of Giddy-up! Core.
- Drawing priority (explained in Q&A) can be configured in the mod options of Giddy-up! Core for any animal
- During raids and ambushes, enemy non-tribal pawns have a 20% chance to spawn with a mount, while enemy tribal pawns have a 40% chance. These chances can be configured in the mod options.
- Mounted pawns have an accuracy penalty, this penalty can be configured in the options.
- Movement speed of mounting pawns will be equal to the speed of the animal it is mounting. This is especially great for pawns with slow movement speeds (by injury or perks).
- Animals that are mounted will attack the enemy target their rider is currently fighting when in range!
- Animals can only be mounted if they have completed obedience training.
I'd like to implement the following, but I do not promise anything. The list is sorted by priority.
- Implement battle mounts for enemy pawns
- Polishing of enemy mount selection algorithm to ensure fair battles, and to make sure some non-wild animals can also be used.
- Riding speed and accuracy penalty being affected by riders animal skill
- Rebalance of combat (higher chance to hit upper parts in melee combat, reduced cover advantage when on mount and more)
- Mod option to forbid the mounting of specific animals for enemy pawns only
How do my pawns mount animals?
First make sure the pawn is drafted, then right click the animal and an option to mount should appear.
We need horses! Can we get and ride those?
Sure, the following mod adds horses and many other animals: AnimalCollabProj.
How about mounting for non-combat situations?
This mod will only focus on combat situations (i.e. mounting for drafted pawns). For caravanning you can subscribe to Giddy-up! Caravan, and for almost anything else there is Giddy-up! Ride and Roll. This mod is part of the Giddy-up! series, and the aim of that series is to add mounting in as much situations as possible, so expect more possibilities for mounting in the future.
Can pawns shoot while the mount they are riding is moving?
Not by default, but they can if you install RunAndGun
I actually really recommend using RunAndGun in combination with this mod as I created RunAndGun with this mod in mind. I mean, what is horse archery if archers have to stop moving to shoot?
Does this work for any animal?
Yes and also for modded animals!, however, animals below a certain body size are disabled by default. Moreover, for some animals it looks really weird when pawns are drawn on top of them (especially in frontal view), these animals have also been disabled by default (this is for Caribou, Ibex and Labrador Retriever). You can however enable these animals if you don't mind the drawing issues. Even stronger, you can enable mounting for any animal in the mod settings, so if you want your pawns to mount rabbits, be my guest!
-Recommended mod: RunAndGun. Because pawns should be able to shoot while their mount is moving.
-Existing saves: Can be used without problems
-Removing from saves: Can be done, however, make sure no pawns are mounted in the save when removing the mod, as that will cause issues.
- UnlimitedHugs for creating Hugslib, and saving me a lot of time.
- The translators for making this mod accessible for a larger audience and doing a great job.
- Anyone else providing feedback and support!
-If you developed a mod adding animals, you can contact me so we can make a patch that ensures that the default mod options (forbidding animals and setting drawing priorities) are configured well for your mod.
The game I'm working on right now (with Oskar Potocki) is called Cursed Crew.
Cursed crew is a roguelike crew management game taking place on a 17th century ship in a fantasy setting. You control a captain that needs to keep the ship’s crew alive in a harsh world with environmental hazards, pirates, stowaways, sea monsters and more. More info can be found on the Discord server of our game:
You can also check out the Patreon page of Cursed Crew if you'd like to know more, or if you'd like to support us.