Immersive Galaxy - Planet Variety, 2K for Stellaris
Here you can download Immersive Galaxy - Planet Variety, 2K mod for Stellaris. Its full description is below. Visit our blog to find out how to install the mod.
The content of the mod has been downloaded and repackaged without any changes from the original source. We are not responsible for technical problems of the game or mod, but we guarantee the absence of malicious code
Size (unpacked): 1,745.877 MB
Updated: 22 Dec, 2018 @ 5:39am
These mods are required for the current mod to work correctly.
This mod contains all the texture in 2K format (2048x1024 px) in the traditional PDX format (DXT1 for diffuse and DXT5 for normals/specular).
I strongly advice using these textures, the difference with 4K is minimal unless you zoom on the planet.
Cloud mod is still required.
If your computer can't run these properly, I suggest you try out the LITE mod, which sacrifice a bit of variety for enhanced performance:
For any other information, please go to the cloud mod.
Barren planet update:
- 10 new barren planets
- 10 new cold barren planets
Major rework of the way the mod works :
- Base has been renamed Clouds, still required for other planet variety mods to work, it is a shared dependency. (580 Mb)
- "Uninhabitable pack" is now the "2K pack", contains ALL the textures for ALL planets in the 2K resolution. (1.62 Gb)
- "Inhabitable pack" is now the "4K pack", contains ALL the textures for ALL planets in the 4K resolution. (2.96 Gb)
- LITE has been reworked a bit and received the new normal maps. (650 Mb)
- The modular packs are dropped.
Bug fix :
- ALL normal maps corrected (they were inverted due to openGL/Dx ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥).
- Many specular reworked and fixed.
- Many seams corrected.
- Removed normal maps for gas giants.
New planets :
- 5 new alpine planets
- 5 new arctic planets
- 5 new barren planets
- 5 new desert planets
- 5 new gaia planets
- 15 new gas giants planets
- 5 new molten planets
- 5 new savannah planets
- 5 new toxic planets
- 5 new tundra planets
- 4 new machine planets
New clouds :
- Final rework for the clouds, all of them have been hand drawn. No more procedural generation. Last time I have to do this hopefully.
- New Toxic planets, 11 new planets added to the existing 4. (concern only uninhabitable)
- New Shielded planets, 4 new planets added to unique one. (concern only uninhabitable)
- Clouds cut down to 4K for diffuse, 2K for normal, and 1K for shadows (was mistakenly in 8K, should greatly improve performance).
- Clouds texture variety down, from 35 to 15.
- Base mod size down to 210 Mo (from 1500 Mb).
- Clouds entirely redone, they're more aesthetically pleasing with more transparency.
- Tomb world variety now 10 (was 6).
- Made some planet packs standalone (barren, cold barren, molten, gas giant & tomb).
- Renamed textures to enhance mod compatibility.
- Save game enabler available, to put new texture on a old save.
- Lite version released, half the textures for less powerful computers.