(BROKEN, rebuild soon!!) Pere Marquette 1225 "Berkshire" Steam Locomotive for Stormworks: Build and Rescue
Here you can download (BROKEN, rebuild soon!!) Pere Marquette 1225 "Berkshire" Steam Locomotive mod for Stormworks: Build and Rescue. Its full description is below. Visit our blog to find out how to install the mod.
The content of the mod has been downloaded and repackaged without any changes from the original source. We are not responsible for technical problems of the game or mod, but we guarantee the absence of malicious code
Author: (festive lad)
Size (unpacked): 1.916 MB
Updated: 6 Jun, 2022 @ 11:37am
This is my replica of the legendary Pere Marquette 1225 steam locomotive.
Pere Marquette 1225 is a class "N-1" 2-8-4 "Berkshire" type steam locomotive built in October 1941 for the Pere Marquette Railway (PM) by Lima Locomotive Works (LLW) in Lima, Ohio. No. 1225 is one of two surviving Pere Marquette 2-8-4 locomotives, the other being 1223, which is on display at the Tri-Cities Historical Society near the ex-Grand Trunk Western (GTW) coaling tower in Grand Haven, Michigan. It is perhaps most famous for serving as the basis for the locomotive in the 2004 film, The Polar Express. (wikipedia)
- This replica has a top speed of around 70 miles per hour (112.654 km/h) and has a fair amount of power. I have done extensive pulling power and found that 1225 is roughly equivalent to most diesels on the workshop. It is still a WIP so please let me know about any bugs or issues.
- Turn the "ignite" key to the left of the firebox door
- Use the damper valve to moderate air flow / firebox temperature. Optimum damper is around 0.48 or 0.67 L/S of air flow
- Use the "boil rate" lever to moderate boiler pressure, (move UP to increase pressure, move DOWN to decrease. Set to 0 when idle and around .15 while moving for optimal performance. NOTE: you will need to adjust this lever based on how many steam powered mechanisms are running, i.e dynamos.) to watch pressure, use the yellow dial above the lever
- Make sure to start the air pump, the START key is located at the front of the locomotive, on the right side under the stairs.
- Open the throttle gradually to get moving
- Turn the reverser key to reverse the engine
- Use the "brake" lever at your feet to control the brakes of the engine, note that the brakes will be less effective if the reserve air pressure is low
- When the water glass gauge gets too low, use the injector key to run the injection pumps from the engine's tender
- When the coal level gets too low, open the firebox door and load coal from the tender
- To operate the lights on the locomotive, turn on one or more of the dynamo keys at the top of the cab. The locomotive must be boiling water in order for these to work. Once a dynamo is on, use the switchboard on the left side of the cab to turn on any lights you please
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE THIS WITH DAMAGE OFF TO AVOID RANDOM DAMAGE GLITCHES
You must use either a mission or customized workbench in order to spawn this locomotive, I do not want to upload both parts separately because I know that people will ignore the warnings and ask how to get coal in the engine anyways.
This is not very multiplayer friendly, please do not detonate servers with this. Works fine though as long as the server is powerful and there isn't a lot spawned.
PLEASE DO NOT RE UPLOAD THIS VEHICLE OR ANY PART OF IT, THIS INCLUDES REPAINTS AND MAJOR MODIFICATIONS. Download