GIM-5 Spiral Close-Range SAM System for Stormworks: Build and Rescue
Here you can download GIM-5 Spiral Close-Range SAM System mod for Stormworks: Build and Rescue. Its full description is below. Visit our blog to find out how to install the mod.
The content of the mod has been downloaded and repackaged without any changes from the original source. We are not responsible for technical problems of the game or mod, but we guarantee the absence of malicious code
Author: Sebastiaz | BluFFeR
Size (unpacked): 0.480 MB
Updated: 15 Dec, 2022 @ 11:59am
DESCRIPTIONThe GIM-5 "Spiral" SHORAD/Close-Range Air Defence system is a modular SAM system designed for being transportable, lightweight and act as a deterrence for a localised airspace. The system comes with several different capabilities to supplement its air defence role and acts as a smaller - more transportable short-ranged alternative to the much larger GIM-3 "Helix" MEDRAD system.
The missiles themselves (GIM-5) are fairly reliable, and are at their most effective for front & rear aspect shots. They are mostly designed for low & slow flying aircraft as well as helicopters as part of its SHORAD role in which it works best. It is not expected to hit high-flying/high-speed manoeuvring targets - with that role once again being for the larger GIM-3 MEDRAD.
Newquay Armed Forces Collection
Ostauto 4x4 TUSC Utility Vehicle
- MANUAL CONTROL: This will let you take control of where the fire control radar points at.
- JTAC SEND COORDINATE: This will send the target GPS on the desired frequency.
- RADAR XYZ/LASER XYZ: This will choose between sending the GPS of what the radar sees and what you are pointing at. For example, turning the button on will make the turret point at where you are pointing, while keeping it off will make it point at a radar target.
- SWITCH RADAR VIEW: This will put your radar screen onto boresight, which you can use to help with targeting.
HOW TO USE: (PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING)
SAM trailer (in order):
- Press STAND
- Press MASTER ARM
- Select a designated frequency on the trailer (e.g. 55)
Fire Control trailer:
- Press STAND
- Press ACTIVATE SYSTEM
- Put the selected frequency of the SAM onto the Fire Control Trailer frequency keypad.
It is up to you what you do next, however, to manually guide the turret towards a target press the following:
- Press MANUAL CONTROL
- Press JTAC SEND COORDINATE
- Press RADAR XYZ/LASER XYZ
- Press SWITCH RADAR VIEW and use the monitor to aim towards your target.
Point towards a target using WASD and then shoot using your trigger button (Default = Spacebar).
FEATURES:- Radar XYZ Targeting
- Laser XYZ Targeting
- JTAC & JTAC-ADV Compatibility
- 4 GIM-5 Short-range air-defence missiles
- Portable/Modular system.
DownloadCREDITS:- Sid V & Donkk for the weapons systems
- Puipuix for the radar system (heavily modified)